Monday, February 1, 2010

One of My Favorite Authors Lives in Harlem


In this Saturday's New York Times Real Estate section there was an article about a family living in the Sugar Hill section of Harlem. I soon realized that family was the Kogans and Deborah Copaken Kogan, the mother, photographer and writer in the article was non-other then the author of Shutterbabe. Shutterbabe is a fantastic novel about Deborah working as a war photographer and struggling to find balance in her life. As a photographer and writer myself, Deborah is an inspiration to me, so, I was very excited to see that she lives near by. Perhaps we'll bump into each other.

Here's a slideshow of their home.

Hat tip to my dad for showing me this article. Thanks Dad!

Photo from The New York Times, Chester Higgins Jr./The New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment